Skip to content
Work package 1: Spaces and practices
- Review of containment documentation literature, site specific protocols, leaflets & posters & architectural layout plans.
- Visually annotated graphic interviews – using layout plans: clinical staff: with infection & hygiene staff; estates and planning departments; architects & designers; patient interviews (graphic interview elicitation involving project artist – Lynne Chapman).
Work package 2: Pathways, Journeys and flow
- Photographic walking interviews
- Ethnographic observation: of physical interactions, waiting, meeting, hospitality, flow of people and objects, signage and visuals and lines of sight.
Work package 3: Imagining redesign
- Small group co-design workshops at each clinic: presentations of core findings; display of visual data; concrete suggestions for redesign/repurposing; proposals for new spatial configurations, changes in practice; designs that are both modest and bold.